Our team of experienced Personal Injury Solicitors, headed by Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist Mr Dean Spanner, will listen carefully to your concerns and work closely with you to identify the critical issues and formulate a strategy accordingly.
What is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist?
As a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist, Mr Dean Spanner has:
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the area of Personal Injury Law
- Completed an advanced study program in Personal Injury Law which is rigorously administered by the Queensland Law Society
- Undertaken continuing legal education in the area of Personal Injury Law to ensure that his knowledge and practice remains on the cutting edge of developments in this area of the law.
If you have suffered personal injury as a result of the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to compensation.
There are many ways in which you can suffer personal injury but some of the more common ways are as follows:
- Motor Vehicle
- Work Accidents (WorkCover)
- Medical Negligence
- Slip and Falls
- Brain injury/back, neck and spinal injuries
- Product Liability
- Superannuation claims
Even if you have sustained injuries that are your own fault, you may have a right to compensation under your superannuation policy. This is often referred to as a claim for Total and Permanent Disability.
Free Case Assessment
We will review your injury case for free, often in an initial telephone conversation.
If we are satisfied that you have a good compensation claim, we will then make arrangements to meet with you and start your claim. We have offices in Toowoomba and Brisbane. We understand that when you are injured you may not be able to travel so our friendly team can visit you either at home or in hospital.
In our initial meeting we will take you through exactly what commencing a Personal Injury claim involves and we will explain in simple terms our "no win no fee" policy. Most of our personal injury compensation claims are handled on a no win no fee basis which means that if you do not get paid (receive compensation), we do not get paid. In approved cases we will also arrange for the out of pocket expenses associated with running of your claim to be covered until the conclusion of your compensation claim.
There are different types of damages to be claimed in a personal injury claim. The main ones are:
- Damages for pain and suffering;
- Past loss of income;
- Future loss of income;
- Medical expenses (past and future);
- Travelling and other out of pocket expenses;
- Care (voluntary assistance provided by friends or family); and
- Paid Care (eg: you may have to pay a nurse to assist you as a result of the accident or you may require paid care into the future).
No Win No Fee in Approved Cases
You Have Rights
Access to justice should not hinge on whether you can afford to pay a lawyer.
We will assess your case promptly and this can often be done over the phone in our free initial discussion with you.
No Win No Fee or Deferred Fees
If you cannot afford to pay for our services, in approved cases we will:
- Handle your matter on the basis that we are only paid for the work we do at the end of the matter and only if the claim succeeds; or
- Defer payment of our fees until the end of your matter;
- Arrange for your out of pocket expenses to be covered until the conclusion of your matter.
Our Written Promise to You
We will provide you with an easy to read Service Agreement which confirms our promise in writing to you that the matter is being handled on a No Win No Fee or Deferred Fee basis as the case may be. Our promise relates to our legal fees and in approved cases out of pocket expenses.
The vast majority of cases settle without reaching a Court. If your case is one of the few that make it all the way to Court and if you are unsuccessful, you may be ordered to pay for some of the other party's legal costs.